In this podcast interview we discuss how the Requisite Organization approach can be applied to address complex role/reporting issues. Paul Tremlett is a consultant with CORE International in Canada.
Before listening to the podcast, it may be helpful to take a look at the brief cases that I wrote last week and that we use as a starting point for the discussion.
Some of the things that we touch on are:
- Requisite Organization (RO) as a broader management system
- The combination of fundamental principles and situational judgment
- The importance of diagnostics in the organization design process
- Why it is necessary to do a full costing of a proposed structural model
- Why there are no “dotted lines” in an organization designed according to RO principles
- Why asking “who should report to whom” may not be the right question if you want to resolve role/reporting issues!
If you want more information about the Requisite Organization approach, take a look at the website of the Global Organization Design Society.