Most managers will from time to time encounter challenges that are related to organization design. Typical questions may be:
- “We have established a new strategy – how should we organize to ensure that the strategic goals are realized?”
- “Is our organizational structure aligned with our work process – or is the structure an obstacle to work process effectiveness?”
- “We created a new reporting structure 2 years ago, but it has still not been implemented in the way it was intended. What do we do?”
- “Could we speed up our decisions processes by simplifying our organizational structure?”
- “How can we create effective customer-supplier relations between internal units?”
- “It seems like there’s a lack of clarity with regards to roles and responsibilities. How can we clarify the accountabilities of leaders at different levels of the organization?”
These are the kinds of questions that I try to address here on my blog and in my book.